Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Holidays and Writing


They don't mix.  Simple as that.  And in case you're wondering what that pic is - it's the cover for the reissue of HIGHLAND ANGEL coming out in January.  In fact it may well be on the stands right now which shows you how far behind I am.  Did wonder what happened to the chest shot.  Pretty though.

Missed entering my books in the RITA, too.  The sign-up time is a bad one, always coming in the midst of my deadline and the holidays, but I've never had a problem signing up at the last minute or near to.  Well, this time they were full so that's out.  Am now trying to send my books out for a bunch of other contests.  I'll have to find at least 10 more copies of one of the books, however.

See?  Holidays and the work of writing do not mix.  I don't know how some people do it.  There's the cleaning of the house, the cooking, the shopping, and all the various relatives visiting.  And on-line shopping does mean you don't have to go out in the cold but it isn't all that fast, either.   Especially when you're looking for something that isn't exactly a top seller.  And did anyone else notice that every store seemed to have the exact same stuff for sale?

Enough whining.  Right now I'm supposed to be doing my latest vampire novella tale.  Vampires at Christmas.  Is it me or is there something just a little off about that?  I will have to crack down on it tomorrow.  The hubby is back at work for today until Thursday and then it's the New Year time so I need to use those two days for some hard core writing.  Lachann MacNachton isn't going to wait for me to bring him together with Adeline Dunbar for much longer.  He's getting really annoyed stomping around the Highlands in the misty, moisty morning(sorry, been listening to way too much Steeleye Span lately) without finding his woman.  And Adeline's adopted son, poor little Osgar, is probably wondering why I've left him in danger with no stalwart hero riding to their rescue.(oh, dear, all of sudden all I can hear in my head is - Dennis Moore, Dennis Moore, riding through the glen.  The great Monty Python curse strikes again.)  So, tomorrow it's back to the pen and paper and hot vampire men. 

So - since I will be writing and then enjoying the New Year - may I wish you all a joyeous and good fortune-filled New Year.  I will leave you with a little superstition about the New Year - on New Year's Eve open the window a few minutes before midnight to let the bad luck out and the good luck in. (Hopefully you don't live where I do so that doing that will probably cost you a lot in lost heat.)

Oh, and for those of you who saw an announcement on my website about a certain someone blogging here on December 23rd - very sorry but they never sent the blog and didn't answer Leeann's(she handles the bookings) messages.

See you in the New Year!

4 comments:

  1. LOL, Hannah
    Your to funny.
    Stop, Breath, Ok now continue running around. Wow, And i thought i was busy....
    And I think thier is nothing wrong with Vampires at Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you'll get a handle on everything, and the hot Vampires will be great, same as all your other wonderful, hot and sexy vampire men! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year to you too Hannah!

    I know a lot of people put emphasis on RITA's but for me as a reader it doesn't hold any weight with whether or not I will buy a book and read it. I rely more on other reader recommendations...those that I trust. Any time I can help you celebrate the release of a new book on my blog, just shoot me an email :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Hannah!
    I picked up Highland Angel when I was in WalMart on Saturday :-)

    And I am breathing a sigh of relief that the holidays are over. The nice routine is back again.....

    ReplyDelete