Monday, September 21, 2009

I've got a plan


I am going to attempt to blog every other day, maybe have some friends put in a word if I am feeling too brain-fried.  Right now have spent way too  much time getting my new website up.  We(me and my webmistress) were up until 2:30am Saturday night trying to fine tune and then launch.  Then had to called the server because there was a blank screen and you had to click files to get the pix.  Now it's slightly off-center.  It's still very readable but we will get that fixed.  She says all the interent problems are because Mercury has gone retrograde big time.  I wonder if I'm a jinx when it comes to computers.
 
I've decided to give myself until October first to get all this kind of stuff sorted out.  Notice I don't say learned or conquered.  Never wish for the impossible.  Then I will crack down on finishing IF HE'S WILD the third in my late-Georgian series with the psychic family.  I am writing - can't not write really - but the typing in and editing will all start then.  I fear I can't shake the habit of writing all my stuff out by hand.  Of course that means I do have a back up copy when I crash my computer or hit the wrong button and everything magically disappears.  Another skill I have developed.  Then I start on yet another novella tale of the MacNachtons, my vampire clan.  My cunning plan is to get IFW done so I can have time to enjoy the holidays and then get the vampire tale done leaving enough time to do the next book - another Murray tale.  We'll see how well that works.

But - on to my plan for this site.  I am studying others and there will undoubtedly be odd mistakes - I never make a simple one when it comes to computers - but I hope to have more than me occasionally babbling.  Have roped my psychic/shaman friend into doing a few blogs on psychic talents such as the Wherlockes and Vaughns have in my late-Georgian series.  Also hope to get a few of my writer friends to blog, perhaps when they have a new book coming out.  So be patient, I will get this sorted out.  Either that or I will whine to my son for help - at least for putting up more than my little smiley face.  This claw and crystal ball is one he did for me to use on my promotional items.  (It's copyrighted to moi)  It was the only pic I could find fast.  Off to study this business more closely and then go battle the weeds.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your new blog, Hannah! I can't wait to read more.

    Hugs,

    Tracy

    www.tracygoodwin.net
    www.myspace.com/tracygoodwin
    www.twitter.com/tracy_goodwin

    ReplyDelete